Study the language of finance and acquire the fundamental skills needed to be successful in a globally-competitive financial market.
Enderun+Thunderbird’s Advanced Certificate in Global Financial Management focuses on analyzing a financial statement in order to know the financial status of a company or business. It also develops international perspectives in corporate finance and banking that assesses long-term investment decisions.
Enderun Colleges partners with Thunderbird Online, the professional development group of Thunderbird School of Global Management. With over 70 years of experience in developing leaders with a global mindset, Thunderbird is the world’s #1 school for international business according to Financial Times. Thunderbird Online provides innovative continuing education programs designed specifically for working professionals who want to succeed in today’s competitive business environment.
Through this partnership, Enderun integrates Thunderbird Online’s Executive Certificate into this 10-week program with online learning and in-classroom instruction. At the end of the course, participants will receive two certificates from Enderun Colleges and Thunderbird Online.
At the end of this course, the students are expected to:
- Appreciate the role and strategic importance of financial management in an enterprise.
- Interpret and analyze financial statements to assess the financial health of a firm.
- Describe working capital strategy in a global setting.
- Gain awareness of the global financial markets and the different types of investments being traded in these markets.
- Effectively assess long-term investment decisions.
Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Working Capital Management
- Mathematics of Finance
- Valuing Securities
- Evaluating Investment Projects
Global Financial Management
- Working Capital Management for Multi-National Enterprises
- Financial Options
- Forwards, Futures and Swaps
- Hedging to Minimize Currency Exposures
- Country Risks
Meet Your Instructors
Edgardo Rodriguez, PhD
Dr. Edgardo Rodriguez is the President of Enderun Colleges and the Dean of the College of Business, technology and Entrepreneurship. He earned his MBA in The East-West Center at the University of Hawaii, and his doctorate in Management Sciences and Statistics from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, New York. He was also part of the Special Program in Development Economics at Harvard University. He worked in The World Bank in Washington, D.C., culminating a career there as head of the bank’s Corporate Budget Unit. He then worked as a management specialist at the Asian Development Bank in Manila and retired as executive secretary to the Development Effectiveness Committee of the Board of Directors. While growing in his corporate career, he also taught for fourteen years at graduate schools in the United States, as associate professor at Graduate School of Industrial Engineering of Rutgers University in New Jersey, then as adjunct professor of Management and Information Sciences at The American University in Washington, D.C., and at Virginia Polytechnic Institute in Virginia. He is concurrently president of XenXaTech, Inc., a management consulting firm specializing in business intelligence systems.
Carlos Velayo, Jr., MA
Mr. Velayo earned his bachelor’s degree in Economics from the Ateneo de Manila University and his master’s in Business Administration from the Wharton School of Finance and Commerce in Pennsylvania, USA. Prior to joining Enderun, he was a professor at the De La Salle University and Far Eastern University. He was also the Director for CALIVE Traders, Inc. and COO of Securities Clearing Corporation of the Philippines.
Rocky Laurel, MBA, MS
Mr. Laurel obtained his bachelor’s degree in Management of Applied Chemistry with minor in Chinese Studies from Ateneo de Manila University. He finished his master’s in Business Administration, majoring in Finance from De La Salle University, and his master’s in Finance from the University of the Philippines, Diliman. He was previously operations manager then general manager at Accupoint Systems, before engaging in his current occupation as independent trader. Professor Laurel is also lecturer of Financial Management to Entrepreneurial Management students at the University of Asia and the Pacific.
- Completed Application Form
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of Records (upon request)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Two 2×2 photos
- First Evaluation. Once the College has received your complete application documents, your file will be evaluated to determine whether you will be called in for a personal admission interview. You shall be informed within two weeks as to whether you have been selected for an interview or your application has been unsuccessful.
- Personal Interview. The interview is an indispensable step in the admission process. This allows the Admissions Committee–made up of members of Enderun Management, faculty, and admissions staff–to evaluate potential students based on their level of interest in the hospitality industry, as well as their maturity level, academic potential, interpersonal skills and leadership potential.
- For candidates unable to travel to Manila for the interview, a written request to be interviewed by telephone may be submitted.
- Decision. Based on the results of both the written application and the interview, the Admissions Committee shall make a final decision to admit the candidate. All candidates shall be informed in of the Committee’s decision.
- Graduate of any bachelor’s degree
- Undergraduate with a minimum of 2 years work experience
|Payment Schemes:||Cash, Check, or Credit Card|